Friday, July 16, 2010

New Developments

So I went to our meeting yesterday and Fishy and I presented the parts of our game that we had developed thus far. I really enjoyed seeing the different games that were presented and to tell you the truth, it gave me ideas on what to do with my game as well. Just the possibilities...but the technical limitations sometimes inhibit these possibilities....need more research and brainstorming here.

There was a lot of feedback that really jump started the next stage of development: the second side game. Here we are presenting a tornado but this animation might change or have more animation added to it. It is still in concept mode but soon will be ironed out. The content of this game emulates the paper test, giving the gamer the opportunity to pre-take the test.

Some ideas that were presented at this meeting regarding this side game were: to standardize the questions, therefore testing the gamer's level and not just score and to perhaps give this side game as an end game, so choice is taken away but the reward comes from the last game. These are great ideas. I'm going to use the standardizing idea but the end game one can be decided upon on a later date.
 

1 comment:

  1. The artwork on your game was incredible!

    I composed a 30 second loop for you and put it in our shared discussion area. It is kind of a cross between the music for "The Sims" and Gershwin's "An American in Paris". Tell me if that is what you are looking for. I'm happy to write something else if that isn't the sound that you want.

    Cheers,

    Steve

    ReplyDelete